Job Title: Immigration Paralegal
Reporting to: Head of Immigration
Direct reports: Head of Immigration
Hours: 9:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday with additional hours when required.
Role is to provide administrative support to the Immigration Partner as well as being able to manage your own caseload. The range of work would include a combination of both corporate and private immigration matters.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist the Immigration Partner with research
- Frequently review immigration policies and guidance
- Attend to telephone enquiries as well as respond to email enquiries
- Take instructions over the phone, by email and in person and advise thereon
- Manage your own caseload
- Complete paper and online immigration applications such as but not exclusively to Start-up, Innovator, Skilled Worker, Global Business Mobility routes, Temporary Worker routes, Sponsor Licence applications, Sole Representative of an Overseas Business applications, Married and Unmarried Partner applications, EU settlement scheme applications and British Citizenship applications.
- Draft representations filed in support of applications
- Contact UK Visas and Immigration where required
- Book biometric appointments
- Prepare Immigration appeals to include, drafting grounds of appeal, completing appeal forms and lodging the appeal, drafting witness statements, instructing and liaising with Counsel, paginating and preparing appeal bundles and communicating with the Court
- General administrative duties to include electronic and paper filing
- Attending networking and business development events.
Skills, experience and attributes:
- Law degree
- Completed Legal Practice course (preferable)
- Previous corporate immigration experience of at least 2 years (preferable).
- Being able to work under pressure
- Being well organised
- IT literate
- Ensure attention to detail
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Able to take instructions as well as working autonomously
- Excellent research skills
- Being sympathetic and tactful
- Team player
If you are interested in a career at Edwin Coe, please use this link to send us your CV and covering letter (No agencies please).