If an overseas company wishes to establish/expand its business in the UK and does not have an existing UK presence, it may be able send a senior employee to come to the UK using the Sole Representative visa, provided the senior employee is not a majority shareholder.
If an application is made under this category the applicant and his/her dependants would first be given leave to enter and remain in the UK for 3 years. Prior to the expiry of that visa they would then have to apply to extend their visa. In order to do the latter, the applicant would have to continue to be working for the overseas company as their representative. He /she would then qualify (under current rules) for indefinite leave to remain (also referred to as permanent residence) only after having spent 5 years in the UK.
Once again, any application for indefinite leave should be made just prior to your visa expiring on the 5th Year.
Advantages of this Visa
- No need to invest £200,000
- Dependents, wife and children can join
- You can apply permanent residence after 5 years
- You can apply for British Nationality on completion of the 6th year in the UK after.
- Appeals Against Decisions to Refuse Visas by Entry Clearance Officers or the UK Border Agency
- Applications for Indefinite Leave
- Brexit – Permanent Residency applications
- British Citizenship Advice
- Chinese Specialist Immigration Advice
- Family Settlement Visas
- High-net-worth Individuals
- How We Can Help You
- Humanitarian and Asylum applications
- Malta Golden Visa
- Next Steps
- Portugeuse Golden Visa
- Standard Visitor Visas
- Those Here in the UK Illegally
- Tier 4 Student Visas
- Tier 5 Visas
- Wider Employment Issues
Events - 11/09/2017 - 13/09/2017
Dhruti Thakrar to attend the 2nd Cyprus International Invest...